Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Prep Day

Today is 3 way interviews at our high school so we have a day to prep and get ready for upcoming lessons. I've been working on a unit on databases for IP 30, which is actually going to be a lot of fun. I wasn't sure how databases would be as I've hardly worked in Access before, but it's been fun figuring the software out.

I wanted to note that having a textbook to guide me in learning it myself and also in creating lesson plans has been paramount to feeling prepared and successful in teching. I experienced the same in teaching accounting. A good textbook provides a loose framework with which to get things going and also to note what needs to be taught. Of course, the Ministry's outcomes and indicators need to be checked to make sure the text that's being used meets the needs of the curriculum, but stepping into Rhonda's classroom with her having done that already makes it much easier for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment